Saturday, July 23, 2011

{Jack + Lauren} Montana Wedding Photographer

Seriously...is August really almost over?!!  This month has been crazy busy, and when that happens....the little photography blog seems to get neglected.  Never fear...I have quite a few more weddings to share with you, and today I am bringing you the wedding of Jack & Lauren.

Their amazing wedding day reminds me of something that Dolly Parton once said, "They way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."  And while I am sure she meant that more in the context of life, it is super fitting when it comes to how the weather acted for the day.  It was just crazy, with rain and wind and dark clouds rolling in and out.  But Jack & Lauren took it all in stride, and we just paused things and made necessary changes when the weather would act up.  And with that...they got some of the most amazing photos, full of amazing color & light....and they even got a rainbow.  It couldn't have been more special of a day, and I am so happy that I was able to be part of it.  I was just blessed by these two and their families.

So, on with the details of the day.  Jack & Lauren's day was celebrated on July 16, 2011 at The McBarn in Victor, MT, which is a super cute and quaint location for a wedding...I loved it!!  The ceremony was officiated by a good friend of the couple, which I think is so special.  The reception was catered by Grills Gone Wild in Polson, and it was the most amazing BBQ I have EVER had.  So yummy!!  The flowers were beautiful, understated and done by a family member...perfect for the day.  The main decoration was the beauty of all the surroundings...and it ended up just being perfect!!  Here is a look into their amazing day!

First up are shots of Lauren getting ready!
Jack & Lauren opted to do the "first look", so we could get the majority of the photos done before the ceremony.  They wanted their first look to be private, which is completely okay with me.  But, I did get a couple of fun shots after the first look where they are just enjoying each other and a refreshing beer!
After enjoying each other and really getting to take each other in....we got going on their wedding photos.  I really love how they all turned out!
After taking their wedding images, we did all the bridal party photos.  These are just a few of my faves!
As we were finishing up photographing the guys...a HUGE storm blew in.  So, we postponed family photos until after the ceremony, and everyone went inside the barn for cover.  Thankfully, it passed fairly quickly...and everyone got to work wiping down the chairs and organizing them again.  And then, it was time for the ceremony!
 After the ceremony, they greeted their guests and we took family photos.  We also did more photos of the two of them, as we had some gorgeous backdrops...including the rainbow!  I was SO excited when I saw it!
After that, it was time for everyone to enjoy dinner.  I went around shooting some details first, before having some scrumptious BBQ!!
Once dinner was finished, it was time to pop the bubbly and toast to the wonderful couple!!
Next up was the first dance, and the father/daughter dance.
And then, it was just time for some fun, including climbing a tree!!!
Then it was time to cut the teeny little cake they had made...and everyone else got the yummy cupcakes that you saw pictured above!
Here are just a few of the family shots that I really loved!  I love it when my clients feel like they can be less formal, and just really comfortable with their family and friends!
And I will leave you with a couple of landscape shots that I took during the wedding reception.
I hope that you enjoyed perusing through the wedding day of Jack & Lauren!  It was an amazing day, full of love, friends & family, fun....and some crazy Montana weather!!  Thank you, Jack & Lauren, from the bottom of my heart for including me as your photographer on your special day.  I loved shooting every minute of it!

Until later,

No comments:

Post a Comment