Wednesday, July 11, 2012

{Robert + Ashley} Montana Wedding Photographer

It is sometimes hard to believe how small this world really can be.  When Ashley first called me about photographing her wedding, we decided to find a time to get together and chat.  When trying to find a central location, we found out that we lived three blocks away from each other on the very same street!!  That definitely made it pretty easy to meet up with each other.

I love getting to know my wedding couples, and finding more about who they are as individuals and as a couple.  Early on, I found out that Robert grew up in Ronan, MT, where a good portion of my family lives or is from.  When he told me the year he graduated from high school, I realized that he had to have gone to school with my twin cousins.  Come to find out....he was good friends with one of them, he swam in my grandma's pool in the summers....and I am assuming we probably ran in to each other during the summers at some point!! Such a small world.

Anyways...moving on, as this post is supposed to be about Robert and Ashley's wedding, and not about my random connection to them!  Here is a look into the sweet & intimate wedding of Robert and Ashley.  Enjoy!

Getting Ready: Ashley got ready in a suite at the C'mon Inn in Missoula, MT.  Her hair and makeup were done by a friend, and she was surrounded by women who are her very best friends.  Ashley and Robert chose to not have a bridal party, but their closest friends were there to surround them with love and support!

The Ceremony: The ceremony was held on the top of Marshall Mountain on June 3rd just outside of Missoula, Montana.  I was so excited when they opted for the mountain top ceremony, versus having it on the lawn at the bottom.  While it was a bit of an adventure getting everyone to the top, the guests were treated to a beautiful mountain horizon as the backdrop of this wedding.

The Portraits: Robert and Ashley opted to not see each other before the ceremony, so we did all of their images afterwards.  The top of Marshall Mountain proved to be an amazing backdrop for their wedding portraits, and I just LOVE how they turned out!  This is quintessential Montana!

The Reception: The party was held in the main lodge at the bottom of the mountain.  It was the perfect blend of inside and covered outside for the amazing day that God gave these two on June 3rd.  It is always a gamble getting married outside in Montana in early June, but it couldn't have turned out better for Robert and Ashley.  I was SO excited when the weather cooperated perfectly!
Robert and Ashley's wedding was such a fun day, full of love, laughter, family and friends!  I am so happy that they chose me to help capture all the memories of their special day!  Thanks Robert and Ashley!

Until later,
 

Wedding Info:
Dress: J'aime Bridal (San Francisco, CA)
Tux Rental: Rococo Bridal (Missoula, MT)
Rings: Riddles Jewelry
Venue: Marshall Mountain
Catering: University of Montana
Officiant: Ken Osso (Pastor - 1st Church of the Nazarene)
Appetizers/Groom's Cake: Maggie Wescott (friend) 

No comments:

Post a Comment